Angela Heam is our 8th grade teacher. She has been a language arts teacher at Pound Middle School here in Lincoln, and has also spent time teaching at Spring Valley Academy and Platte Valley Academy. Angela completed a Bachelor's degree in English Education and a Master's in curriculum development and instruction. She is married to Tim Heam and they have four wonderful children, Abigail, Allison, Alex and Ava.
Want to know a little bit more about Mrs. Heam...keep reading.
How long have you been teaching? 17 years
- How do you show God in the classroom? As the middle school ELA teacher, I use the books that we read to remind us about the kind of people God calls us to be. Through the experiences of characters, we see that life can be hard sometimes and easy other times. And that gives us the perfect opportunity to remember that no matter what is happening in our lives, God is in it with us. He is our constant. He is always good. And he is crazy about us.
- If I was a superhero, my power would be: Endurance - I would be able to do all the things and never get tired!
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs
- Why do you love CVA? As a teacher, I love CVA because of my amazing students and their families and the community that supports us. As a parent, I can’t imagine sending my children to a place where they would be loved, prayed for, and celebrated as much as they are at CVA.
- Most Inspiring Part of your Job? The most inspiring part of my job is seeing students learn and grow into the people God created them to be. I feel so blessed to be a part of their journeys.
- Best piece of advice for students? Never forget who you are - a child of God. And He will love you forever and always, no matter what.
- What person would you spend a day with? Oh, it’s too hard to choose just one - I’d love to have lunch with Esther and Amanda Gorman.
- How do you see Jesus at CVA? I see Jesus during our weekly chapels as our students lift their voices to praise and worship Him. I see Jesus at recess when our middle school students play four square or basketball with the younger students. And I see Jesus in our staff who meet in the mornings to pray for our students and their families.
- Favorite holiday? Christmas
- Favorite Bible Verse and why? Isaiah 41:10 “Do not fear for I am with you. Do not be anxious; I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, and I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” This is my favorite Bible verse because life can be scary and hard, and there’s a lot to worry about. This verse gives me all the assurance that I need in those tough times. He is on my side. He will get me through.
- What do you bring to CVA? I am passionate about Christian education and helping my students become highly effective communicators so that they can share their love of Jesus and God-given talents with the world as they continue to learn and grow.
- What is your favorite part about teaching? My funny, smart, brave, and kind students! How lucky am I that I get to spend my day with these great kids?!
Title: 8th Grade Teacher
Phone: 402-483-1181 ext. 128
"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23