Having graduated from Pacific Union College with a Bachelor's in Music; Music Education, Whitney Weems and her husband Zachary journeyed across the US and are now settling in Lincoln, NE as she is our new K-12 Music Teacher! Music has always been an important part of Whitney's life and she has lots of energy and creative ways to bring music alive.
Want to know a little bit more about Mrs. Weems...keep reading.
- What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given? "If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are." - Master Shifu (Kung Fu Panda 3)
- Complete this sentence: If I could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve: Self-Care. Self-Care day would be a day off from all other obligations where we would really check-in with ourselves (mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc) once a year.
- My favorite word in the English language is: musicophile = Noun. musicophile (plural musicophiles) One who loves music.
- What's the most inspiring part of your job? Seeing students achieve a goal they believed to be impossible, defying their own expectations. It keeps me coming back everyday - because it happens everyday! :-)
- If I was a superhero, my superpower would be: Flying. I have always wanted to be able to fly, but was born with legs instead of wings. I'm hoping Heaven is zero gravity! ;-)
- If you were a pasta shape, what would you be and why? Cavatappi: It is easy to identify, fun to look at or eat, and locks in flavor when you add it to a dish.
- What is the most important thing you learned in High School? How to become a contributing citizen: the value of work ethic and positive personal relationships with God, family, peers, and faculty. Those principles have driven me in every aspect of my life and continue to bring me success everyday.
Title: K-12 Music Instruction
Phone: 402-483-1181 ext. 133
"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23