Kirk is a Jayhawks, Royals & Chiefs fan, he loves to cheer on his favorite teams! However, for more than 30 years, Kirk has been cheering on the CVA Eagles and is a pillar of experience at our school. He graduated from Union College with a Theology/Education degree and later completed his Masters degree in Elementary Education from La Sierra University. In his free time, Kirk enjoys spending time with his family, going on picnics, hiking and taking vacations; you might find him with a good book in hand or checking out a fun restaurant. If you were to ask Kirk what he loves most about CVA, he would say, relationships. He loves having a bond with the staff, administration, parents and especially the students. He feels that CVA has the best children, parents and support staff of any place imaginable.
Want to know a little bit more about Mr. Powell...keep reading.
- What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given? Learn to appreciate those special times you can be with your family.
- Complete this sentence: If I could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve: Walking on a trail through a prairie patch and having members of my family walking with me.
- My favorite word in the English language is: loving relationships
- What's the most inspiring part of your job? Watching kids learn to accept themselves as they are and yet striving to be better.
- If I was a superhero, my superpower would be: the ability to help someone who is uncertain or afraid
- If you were a pasta shape, what would you be and why? Spaghetti, because I'd finally be skinny.
- What is the most important thing you learned in High School? I learned "nothing" in high school except survival, but I learned after high school that the things I fretted and worried about really didn't matter much at all.
Title: 4th Grade Teacher
Phone: 402-483-1181 ext. 125
"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23