At College View Academy, we strongly believe that Christian education is not a commodity. It's a ministry. It's a commitment. It's a connection - a connection between your child's needs and your family philosophy and our philosophy.
That's why at CVA, the first and most important consideration is what is best educationally for your child. All other considerations are secondary.
But money IS important, and tuition is an investment into the life of your child. Therefore, as part of our ministry, College View Academy provides up to $200,000 in needs-based tuition assistance to provide a solid Christian education to families who value it. Working with families who share our vision and values, our goal is to provide the opportunities of Christian education to students of varying incomes, races, and family situations.
What can I do?
- SCRIP: A gift card program where you can purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, gas, and other essentials. With every purchase you earn credit towards your tuition. Click here to learn more Scrip Order Form.
- Expect to be blessed: Now for the one that isn’t as easy to hear. Choosing the gift of Christian education for your child may mean foregoing your family annual vacation, or the bigger house, or the nicer car, or dinners out. God promises us that when we make Him our priority that He will provide for our needs. Commit to Christian education and see what blessing God has already planned for you!
Ask for help!
- Needs Based Assistance: CVA takes pride in offering needs based tuition assistance for families that qualify. Don’t assume that you won’t qualify. Don’t let your pride prohibit your child from experiencing Christian education. It is easy and confidential to apply using our third party – FACTS.
Did you know?
- SCRIP reduced family tuition expenses last year by over $3,000?
- 45% of CVA families receive need based tuition assistance?
The First Step
- The first step is to call (402)483-1181 to set up an Educational Success Consultation with the Principal.
- If our vision and values match yours, we will provide all the details to apply for tuition assistance. College View Academy makes our free Educational Success Consultations available to any family, enrolling here or not, because our ministry as educators doesn’t stop at the walls of our school.
- Making good educational choices is one of the most important choices you will make as a parent.
Tuition rates and fees
- We do not publicize our tuition rates for several reasons.
- First, for the 45% of parents who receive tuition assistance, this rate would be a lie – it’s not what they are actually paying.
- Second, money is not the primary consideration – what’s best for your child is. Each Christian school is different; you should select the school that most closely fits with your hopes and aspirations for your child.
- Our goal is that money will not stand in the way for families that agree with our vision and values – families who are willing to sacrifice – families who prioritize their children’s education over financial considerations.
To start the process of determining what is best for your child, call (402)483-1181 to set up a free, no obligation Educational Success Consultation with the principal.
The Ministry of Tuition Assistance
At College View Academy, tuition assistance is a ministry, the ministry of opportunity. Our assistance decisions are guided by the very same Biblical principles integrated into our entire educational program.
Opportunity. At its essence, needs-based tuition assistance represents opportunity for children of all races, circumstances, and income levels. Tuition assistance is a profound opportunity …
… The opportunity for a better education,
… The opportunity for better college,
… The opportunity for more college scholarship help,
… The opportunity to be better fathers, mothers, husbands, and wives,
… The opportunity to give oneself to a lifetime of service,
… The opportunity to live a set apart life, a life of distinction, and
… The opportunity to spend eternity in bliss with our Loving Heavenly Father.
In short, tuition assistance at College View Academy is an opportunity for children and families who are like-minded and willing to rise above their circumstance to fully achieve God’s high calling in their lives. In stewarding this precious and limited opportunity, St. Paul’s words, from prison, haunt us:
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward
what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which
God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 3:13, 14)
Sacrifice. “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them!” (Mark 10:14). At College View Academy, our goal is to give opportunity to as many children as possible. Therefore, it is expected that tuition assistance recipients forego luxuries to pay all that is possible towards their child’s education.
“Present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice.” (Romans 12:1). Ultimately everyone at College View Academy is sacrificing to provide this precious lifetime opportunity to our children. Teachers, staff, administrators all make less than worldly opportunities provide. Widows, the elderly, working families and others support our school through congregational subsidy. In decades past, sacrificing donors made possible the school facility we now enjoy – many of these saints have passed on to glory, part of the “huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith.” (Heb. 12: 1)
While the FACTs process for tuition assistance is a tool to determine the amount you can pay, ultimately we expect you to sacrifice to pay the highest possible tuition amount, even if the FACTs assessment shows a lower amount. That way, all children and families in our communities who are willing to sacrifice can have the opportunity for a better life for their children. Much like the Macedonians of 2 Cor. 8, “who gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability,” Christ-empowered sacrifice will allow a robust ministry of financial aid to continue indefinitely into the future.
Honor. Rejecting legalism as well as financial tricks and gimmicks, the foundation of College View Academy’s ministry of tuition assistance is honor. For the sake of many children and families who desire the life-time opportunity of College View Academy, please honor the integrity of the tuition assistance process as follows:
- In fairness to other College View Academy families, please report the incomes of all persons who will be assisting with tuition. Contact the business office at (402)483-1181 ext. 24 for help with this.
- Please be honorable in making predictions about future income. For the integrity of the process, we do check predictions against actuals in future year’s tuition assistance applications.
- If you know of reasons or circumstances where your tax information may not accurately reflect the reality of your financial circumstance, please reflect that in your own projection of what tuition you can pay. If the circumstances are complex, contact the business office.
- If your financial situation changes during the course of the school year, in fairness to other children receiving the ministry of tuition assistance, please come in to the business office for further instructions. Typically a revised tuition assistance application will be required.
Thank you for taking the time to understand College View Academy’s ministry of opportunity through tuition assistance. Please click here to begin your FACTS Application.
Vice Principal of Finance
College View Academy PreK-12
402-483-1181 Ext. 124